Cappagh Hospital Foundation (CHF) founded in 1988, is a 30-year-old Irish registered charity raising funds for Cappagh National Orthopaedic Hospital, Irelands’ major centre for elective Orthopaedic surgery.
Funds raised, after operational costs, support the Hospital to continue to provide the highest quality patient care and fund vital research to enable the hospital to continuously improve patient outcomes.
The core objectives and the principal activity of the Charity are set out in the Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Patient Support
- Medical Research
- Teaching & Training
We are honoured to have wonderful Patrons, Mr. Francis Brennan, Mrs. Mary O’Rourke and so many far reaching committed supporters and partners across a myriad of communities and businesses in Ireland.
All of whom have been, and continue to be central to the success of the Cappagh Hospital Foundation supporting the Cappagh National Orthopaedic Hospital.
“Cappagh National Orthopaedic Hospital, founded in 1908, is Ireland’s major centre for elective orthopaedic surgery and is now the largest dedicated orthopaedic hospital in the country. It is also one of eleven hospitals in the Ireland East Hospital Group. It is an elective hospital with 159 beds catering predominantly for public patients. The hospital has 28 internationally trained orthopaedic consultant surgeons and has academic links with both the Royal College of Surgeons (RCSI) and University College Dublin (UCD) for surgical training and Royal College of Physicians in Ireland (RCPI) for medical training. The hospital provides a full range of orthopaedic services, including major joint replacement (ankle, hip, knee, shoulder, elbow, and wrist); spinal surgery, including paediatric scoliosis; a primary bone tumour service; paediatric orthopaedics, including limb lengthening and sports injuries.
The hospital has medical links with Beaumont Hospital, Children’s University Hospital Temple Street, Connolly Hospital, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, St. Vincent’s University Hospital and St. James’s Hospital. In addition to the provision of orthopaedic services, the hospital is home to a 52-bed consultant-led Specialist Rehabilitation Unit where patients from the Mater and Connolly hospitals are treated following an acute episode, to sustain independent living.
World Class Medical Consultants: Several of Cappagh’s medical consultants are recognised internationally as world leaders in their specialist field.
Pioneering approach to patient care in Ireland: Ireland’s first “Open Air” Hospital (1921); National School on grounds (1923); Occupational Therapy Department (1961); first Clean Air Theatre (1971)
The Bone Bank: the only licensed harvest and supply centre in Ireland.
Cappagh Joint Register: This system gathers information on the success of joint replacements over a patient’s lifetime.
Cutting Edge Technology: 3T MRI Scanner; 6 operating Theatres.
Sports Injury Therapy: The hospital enjoys a growing reputation and patient list in this specialist area.
For Cappagh National Orthopaedic Hospital’s website”