Cappagh National Orthopaedic Hospital, founded in 1908, is Ireland’s major centre for elective orthopaedic surgery and is now the largest dedicated orthopaedic hospital in the country. It is also one of eleven hospitals in the Ireland East Hospital Group. It is an elective hospital with 159 beds catering predominantly for public patients. The hospital has 25 internationally trained orthopaedic consultant surgeons and has academic links with both the Royal College of Surgeons (RCSI) and University College Dublin (UCD) for surgical training and Royal College of Physicians in Ireland (RCPI) for medical training. The hospital provides a full range of orthopaedic services, including: major joint replacement (ankle, hip, knee, shoulder, elbow, and wrist); spinal surgery,
including paediatric scoliosis; a primary bone tumour service; paediatric orthopaedics, including limb lengthening and sports injuries. The hospital has medical links with Beaumont Hospital, Children’s University Hospital Temple Street, Connolly Hospital, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, St. Vincent’s University Hospital and St. James’s Hospital. In addition to the provision of orthopaedic services, the hospital is home to a 52-bed consultant-led Specialist Rehabilitation Unit where patients from the Mater and Connolly hospitals are treated following an acute episode, to sustain independent living.
For Cappagh National Orthopeadic Hospital’s website