2017 : How you supported Cappagh National Orthopaedic Hospital through Cappagh Hospital Foundation:
In 2017 over €350,000* supported Cappagh National Orthopaedic Hospital through the Cappagh Hospital Foundation for the following and other projects. These funds were secured through the generosity and dedicated support of individuals, companies, foundations, fund-raising events, box collections, sponsorships and other fund-raising initiatives:
1. Knowledge/information on diagnosis: Musculoskeletal Oncology App for the Orthopaedic Resident
2. Teaching/ training of medical staff:Funding of a Surgical Arthroplasty Fellow and Protected Mealtime
3. Research: NGS and Bone Infection – The Use of Next Generation Sequencing Techniques in the Diagnosis and Treatment of Prosthetic Joint Infections?
4. Development: CNOH property.
5. Development: Equipment: Purchase of Stryker Spinal Surgery Navigation Software Tekno Surgical equipment.
Funds were also raised for a Patient and Family Respite room.